Rockets’ Red Glare
Anyone who has ever spent the Fourth of July weekend in the Lake Geneva area knows there is an abundance of small-town Americana charm: everything from cookouts and patriotic parades to live music and lawn games. And of course, don’t forget boat ride happy hours or walks around the lake to view all of the patriotic décor on display. But the highlight of most Fourth of July festivities? The fireworks! We’ve rounded up all of the 2023 fireworks displays to help you ring in your Fourth of July weekend in style, with flags flying. (Don’t forget that fireworks are subject to the weather, and can be changed or canceled with little notice.)
Friday, June 30th
- Elkhorn, 5-8 p.m., fireworks at dusk — The Elkhorn Star-Spangled Celebration kicks off the weekend with food vendors, live music from the Holton community band and a fireworks display in Sunset Park.
Saturday, July 1st
- Delavan Lake, dusk — The Town of Delavan fireworks display is best viewed from the Delavan Lake Community Park (there’s a non-resident fee of $3 for adults, $2 for children ages 6-12 and seniors), or aboard the Lake Lawn Queen boat tour.
Monday, July 3rd
- Lake Geneva Country Club, dusk — While the club is strictly members only, this privately sponsored fireworks display is visible by boat at the lake’s east end.
- Town of Lyons, dusk — Grand Geneva Resort & Spa sponsors this display of fireworks for resort guests and those with restaurant or picnic reservations on its property. The display may also be viewable from the Geneva Square shopping center parking lot or Veterans Park.
Tuesday, July 4th
- Delavan, dusk — Congdon Gardens is the site of the city of Delavan’s Fourth of July fireworks show.
- Fontana, dusk — Ideal viewing from the Fontana Beach, or by boat.
- Lake Como, dusk — Destination GN sponsors these fireworks which, though not open to the public, are viewable from multiple points on the south shore of Lake Como, including The Ridge Hotel’s Deck Bar.
- Sharon, 11 a.m., fireworks at dusk — Sharon’s 4th of July Celebration kicks off at 11 a.m. with the parade (Big Wheel Races before the parade). Enjoy a live band, vendor market, food and beer throughout the day at Goodland Memorial Park.