Never Say Never Playland is the effort to build the community’s first inclusive playground at Veterans Park in Lake Geneva, Wisconsin. These special playgrounds are designed to allow children with disabilities to play side-by-side with their non-disabled peers in a safe, stimulating and fun environment. Never Say Never Playland will be the destination of choice for the area’s children, and will be a community asset for years to come.
- The Playland will have a woodland theme with fairies and pirates, mushroom steppers, a clocktower, a mermaid tunnel and a pirate ship, plus many more fun features!
- Never Say Never Playland will be 13,000 sq ft!
- There will be one way in and one way out to provide extra safety and security for all.
- The entire playground will be covered in an all-weather rubberized surface designed to allow access for individuals with mobility challenges, yet provide a safe cushion in the event of falls.
- The playland will be made of composite lumber.
- It will include accessible ramps; no stairs.
- There will be a fully accessible merry-go-round with two wheelchair positions so all kids can play together.
- It will include an accessible wheelchair swing and therapeutic swings in both areas for those needing seated security.
- There will be cochlear-friendly slides.
- The space will include covered seating for rest, relaxation and socializing while kids play.
- A child or parent in a wheelchair will be able to access all levels of the playland.
- Never Say Never Playland will not be built from a kit. With the exception of some specialized, manufactured components, the entire playland will be built by volunteers on-site.
- Building Never Say Never will require up to 2,000 volunteers, working in 4 hours shifts over the course of seven days!
What can you do to help?
On March 11, Never Say Never Playland invites you to join them for “An Enchanted Evening” at The Treasury in Delavan, Wisconsin. Enjoy food, fun and fundraising while raising money for this inclusive playland in Walworth County.
Doors open at 5:30 p.m., with a cocktail hour and silent auction to start. Dinner begins at 7 p.m., with live music all night.