By Jackie Sollars, At The Lake Intern
Our editorial staff was reading this great article from The Ridge the other day about pairing wine with Halloween candy, and it got us thinking…what other spooky fun can we have with wine this season?
Enter this delicious Spooky Sangria recipe! With just a few ingredients, it’s easy to whip up for your upcoming Halloween party.
- 2 Apples, spiralized into long, thin slices
- 2 cups of grape or cranberry juice (or juice of choice)
- black food coloring
- 1 bottle of red wine
- ½ cup blackberries, plus extra for garnish
- Add about 2-3 drops of black food coloring to 1 cup of juice. Freeze overnight in ice cube trays.
TIP: For best results, try using a silicone ice cube tray when making juice ice cubes.
- Add wine and juice to pitcher.
- Add spiralized apples and blackberries into the pitcher and stir well.
- Just before serving, add in black ice.
Don’t forget to shop local for your party supplies. These local wine & beer shops can help you with all of your Spooky Sangria needs:
524 Broad Street, Lake Geneva, WI 53147
690 Kenosha Street, Walworth, WI 53184
617 W. Main Street, Lake Geneva, WI 53147
For the original recipe, visit www.inkatrinaskitchen.com/blackberry-apple-spooky-sangria/