By Mixologists at The Apothecary Bar | Photo by Holly Leitner
Spring is a great time for a specialty margarita, so we asked our friends at Maxwell Mansion’s Apothecary Bar to share one of their favorite margarita recipes. This hibiscus-themed version of the classic Mexican cocktail takes its color cues from the season’s bold blooms, bringing a delicious citrus flavor with just the right amount of sweetness.
Pink Dress in the Orchard
- 2 oz. silver or Reposado tequila, infused with hibiscus, pink peppercorn and rose extract
- 3⁄4 oz. fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 oz. orange liqueur or Triple Sec
- 1⁄2 oz. simple syrup with orange extract
- Salt for the rim
- Candied hisbiscus or dried orange slices to garnish
- Combine the tequila, lime juice, orange liqueur and simple syrup in a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake until cold and frothy.
- Line rim of the glass of your choice with salt.
- Strain the liquid into the glass to remove large ice chunks.
- Garnish with candied hibiscus or dried orange slices. Serve and enjoy!